A Short Video of some Motifs/Techniques Learned in the Free Courses!
Quilt Top Semi Complete
This quilt top could be done...but, I want to do one more border I think.I don't have much room to hang a quilt for photos...sorry, you'll have to just be happy with photos of it hanging on my storage doors...as it is too cold and wet to drag it outside!
Actually, it was "supposed" to have a large pink floral border...which I had cut out...and then had to "pack up the quilt project" because other projects with shorter deadlines pushed it aside. Then, when I went through my stash to donate fabric to a charity cause...I included one of the border pieces...thinking it was scrap. Yep, I should have kept the project all together...to avoid that problem! But, the solution was to shorten the width of the border.
The blocks are set on-point...and are from Judy Martins book, Ultimate Quilt Block Patterns. This is a great book, my copy is so worn that I have to keep it together with a large paper clamp!
The blocks could be set in straight rows too.I'm not happy with the quilt having just one small border on it...and will search for a perfect piece to extend the quilt size. Right now, I have plenty of the tan background...but am not sure that is what I want to do. I could add the tan...and applique a vine. There is enough pink left to do flowers...but that will take some planning. So, for now, it's going back into the drawer of UFO's! Perhaps...it will be a good project for the next Retreat in April!
Post a Comment