Thursday, August 29, 2013
Tuesday, August 27, 2013
Next, some little bottles of ink called "Smooch". I had never seen these before, but there were several shades...and who can pass up that! I found them on clearance at Hobby Lobby and when they were opened I figured out why...they were almost dryed up. I added a bit of fingernail polish remover to liven them up...and they did just fine. The 'brush' is really just a plastic wand..and I would have liked using a real paintbrush much more but could not get one into the little bottle. These were fun to use.
Next came the real workhorse of over-dying...various fabric dyes. The first one was Oxepol. Really, this was not a good candidate because the lace was rayon...and Oxepol is designed by Victorian Elegance to work with nylon and synthetics. But, I tried it out anyway.
Victorian Elegance also sales a dye especially made for rayon, Oxecraft. It works wonderfully and comes in many shades that can be mixed and matched. The website on the bottle is www.victoriandyesandlaces.com if you are interested. I've had my dyes for almost two years and need to replenish some colors. I like the results and ease of use. I forgot to take a photo of the bottles...but here are the lace results.
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Sunday, August 18, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013
If you've been following along...you might remember that the very, very beginning of this project was not a project really at all. It was a 6" block round robin over at HGTV Message Board. The ladies did a very nice job of completing four blocks. One of the blocks I have kept aside as a label for a different project. Three of the blocks are included here, or at least parts of them. And a blank block that had not been worked was completed entirely (the upper right one above).