There have been a ton of Dresden Plate Quilt posts flooding the internet lately...and I'm itching to do some blocks myself. So, thought some of you might be in the mood to. Let's swap some fabrics...so we all have a great selection.
This is a centralized swap. Everything comes to me...and I sort and swap and mail back to you.
We will have FOUR COLOR CATEGORIES FOR SWAPPING...
You can swap in one, two, three, or all four of these categories:
LIGHT (light prints or solids, some could read medium)
BRIGHTS (need sunglasses to view! prints or solids)
DARKS (dark prints or solids, some could read medium)
UGLIES (whatever color or style you consider ugly)
We are swapping ONE SET of TEN DIFFERENT 5-inch squares...otherwise known as "nickles"...hence the "50-cent Worth" title...get it?...10 nickles = 50 cents...okay, whatever....hugs! Every square must be a different fabric in the set. You can send as many sets as you want to receive back. BUT, if they do not fit the rules...you'll get your OWN back!!!
ALL FABRICS MUST BE GOOD QUALITY 100% COTTON
(Good Quality means that you can's see through it...and the weave is nice and tight)
100% Cotton means just that...no poly blends or other types
Fabrics do not have to be washed...so we can use pre-cut nickles
Send me an email letting me know you will be playing
Email must include your NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER
This information will not be shared with anyone!
FOLLOW THESE RULES:
1. Determine what Categories you want to swap in
1. Cut one 5" square of 100% Good Quality Cotton Fabric from TEN DIFFERENT fabrics in your chosen category (lights, brights, darks, or ugly style fabric colors)
2. Put the 10 squares into a baggie (sandwich baggie is fine) and include a piece of paper with your name and the category written on it. (Example: Kathy Shaw PASTEL)
3. You can prepare as many "baggies" as you want to swap
4. If your baggies do not follow the rules they will be returned. If we do not have enough folks swapping for the number of baggies you send, you might get some of your own back.
I MUST RECEIVE YOUR BAGGIES FOR SWAPPING BY 20 MARCH 2012
I will sort and re-send baggies of 5" squares back to you.
THEN, we'll get busy making some wonderful Dresden Plate Quilt Blocks...or you can use the "nickles" any way you want!
Donations for Return Postage are appreciated...but not mandatory.
Want to play...send me an email!
(shaw dot kathy at yahoo dot mail)
If this BLOG Swap works out well...we will do some more of them. If you have any ideas...I'd be happy to hear those as well.