You might (like me) think that because the sweater was ONLY 47% wool and has a lot of other fibers it would be fine to wash. And well, maybe it would have been....but I forgot to pull it from the washer and threw it into the dryer with everything else. Since I didn't check it, I'm not sure if it was changed in the washer or dryer or both. But, it went from a 1X size to an XSmall size...so I cut it up along the seams and am making pin cushions with it. Hence...the fuzzy background for this rose which will be the first pincushion created. Now...back to the photos of the actual stitching tutorial.