Thursday, July 18, 2013

A little embroidery done...


Last week was wonderful...this week...not so much. I have a terrible head full of "well let's not say"...and it's slowly moving into broncils and lungs. I'm coughing, sneezing, and drowning. Hopefully, it won't be for many more days...the allergies are really stirred up!
Last week, I managed to do a little embroidery piece. This is the motif on page 142 of Embellishing Crazy Quilts if you have the book. I just combined all of the circles into a long curved blossum of french knots, the leaves are fly stitch, and the stem is well...stem stitch. There is a tutorial on making the leaves on the blog...just check the tutorial page.
 
 
I did manage to get a little stitching done this week on Erma's block for the HGTV Round Robin that I'm in...a tree in the center of the block. More to do on this, then I'll post another photo for you. The tree is also from the ECQ book partly...the limbs and trunk are on page 143.
 
Photobucket
Post a Comment