Friday, January 21, 2011

English Garden...more

The English Garden round robin continues...and I have a new block to stitch on. This round robin is a little unusual because everyone is not stitching on the same block. Instead, the creator pieced several small blocks...and each person in the rotation will complete one entire block instead of sharing a larger one.
I didn't think to take a photograph of this block before I began stitching. But I have not gotten very far, so we are at the very beginning. The silkie image is not pieced as part of the block...it was created separately and then stitched to the block. So, my first ideas was to put lace around the image...but everything I tried did not work. It was all too clunky...even my finest tatting trims. And the image was not flat, it is actually a little raised from the surface. My first step was to applique the edge of the image to the block with thin beading thread. Then, I decided to try and embroidery the "frame" around the picture...and I'll add a little more dimension later on as well...this is the first layer...

So, stay tuned...
Post a Comment