Sunday, January 16, 2011

Melissa's Lace and Fibers...

The time has come to add some more dimension and textures to the block...here's how it looks with the lace, ribbon and more fibers added. They make a big difference don't they! Let's look at closeups...

Here is the bottom left corner. The spiderweb roses are stitched in 6-strand pink rayon thread instead of silk ribbon. I didn't want them to compete with the silk ribbon roses I added to the center. They are not stitched, but are ready made and stitched down on top of a lace motif. Two little heart lace motifs are also stitched down next to the center one, this extends it out to fill in the center a little more...and in keeping with the theme of the project "Hearts and Flowers". A couple of butterflies found in the scrapbooking section of the hobby store add more dimension, and some little crafty hearts fill in some space in the littlest patch.
Now, the top left corner. A lace dragonfly and an embroidery patch butterfly have been added; along with a single little package rose. I've tucked two tiny velvet leaves under the rosebud.
And, the top right corner. Here is a good photo of two of the three crocheted flowers on the snail trail seam. I've had these for a little while...saving them...there are five in total, and Melissa's getting three of these little treasures.
Finally, the bottom right corner. No real change here yet...
The block is progressing nicely, everything is being worked in green, pink, and yellow to coordinate with the fabrics that Melissa used in her block. Next, the real fun begins! The beads go down! That is when the magic happens! IMHO! You know I love my beads! So more photos tomorrow perhaps!
Post a Comment